Honey to the Bee

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home? in AZ !

Well we made it home to AZ on Sunday to find that the house we are currently in will go on auction on July 31st!!! Good thing that I've been searching on line while we were gone. I've put in applications on 2 houses and we hope to be accepted for at least one of them otherwise we start looking again :( One house is 2 miles from Tom's office and the other is 10 miles. Either would be an improvement from the 20 miles he drives one way at least once a day(sometimes he comes home and drives back in to do "fix it" jobs for friends and family.) While at the Gambles family reunion at Bear Lake, UT I asked Tom" if this was Heaven?" He answered yes!!! We really miss having cooler weather and seasons. Our kids would complain it was cold at 76 degrees, so they have already turned into AZ wimps! For those who wonder why Arizona doesn't go with daylight savings time the answer is simple. When your low of the night is 85 degrees, you don't want it to be 102 degrees at 11pm! The drive wasn't bad because it was overcast all day and didn't rain on us till we left Flagstaff. Well I'd better go now since I have a house to pack and who knows how many realtors to let in! I'll blog again when I have our new address.

3 comments:

Mark Peterson said...

It was fun seeing you and having some time for the kids to play together while you were here. Good luck with the new house - glad it is you and not me. I hope never to pack another box again ;-) We hope to see you again soon!

Kyleen and Brent said...

Welcome to the club. I will email and invite you to o0ur blog since it is private. Glad you enjoyed UT, I really miss AZ, trade you anyday!

Leah said...

Hey Kim,
Glad to see you join the blogging world. I will be glad to keep up with you and your family. Now you need to join facebook! Haha...another thing to do!
One thing that helps you keep up with other bloggers is Google reader, check it out and then you don't have to check out other people's blogs everyday, it does it for you. I just added yours to mine. BTW if you don't have our family blog site here it is:

simmonsfamilyhappenings@blogspot.com